It’s that time of year again! Everyone has reported for spring training, Teeb’s Seasonal Affective Disorder is starting to clear up and Brody Stevens‘ Elbow is tingling with excitement … or tendinitis.
IT’S BASEBALL BITCHES
and at Punch Drunk Fantasy we have our eyes on the prize …
Obviously for most of you that means another exciting thing …
Punch Drunk Sports Powerful Fantasy Baseball Tiers
Tiers: C | 1B | 2B | 3B | SS | OF | SP | RP
Consensus on rankings this fantasy baseball season is harder to pin down than Tripoli fleeing the scene after forgetting our guy Jeff Sherwood’s name. With young guns climbing draft boards, veteran talent being written off and the so-called touts of the fantasy industry ass backwards on a number of players #PDSBaseball is here to help you with the MOST ACCURATE** fantasy baseball rankings of the 2016 season.
2016 Powerful Outfield Tiers:
Tier 1 & 2: High End Shit
Where’s the value? Both Jose Bautista and Mookie Betts are slotted late 2nd round by Average Draft Position (ADP), I’m buying there. Chris Davis is another value who gives you the flexibility to slot him at 1B or OF and that POW is special.
- It’s a 2 man tier at the top, ladies choice. Forced to pick Ill bet on Bryce Harper meeting and exceeding last year’s totals.
- Don’t be surprised to see a steals increase for Harper too.
- I can’t quit Jose Bautista. Always on-base and the power hasn’t slowed.
- Giancarlo Stanton is a machine. I’m expecting 35+ HR’s.
- AJ Pollock and Mookie Betts is a toss up. Very safe #1 outfielders either way.
- I’m betting on Chris Davis early. The O’s offence should be high powered and Crush hits bombs.
Tier 3, 4 & 5: If the Price is Right
Where’s the value? Adam Eaton, that’s where. Obtaining speed in guys like Eaton is key to wasting roster spots on one trick steals guys late. Eaton, Hunter Pence and Brett Gardener are some double digit steals guys that help in other areas and if I have them as third or fourth outfielders you’ll be alive in stolen bases all year.
- In both 3 & 5 Outfielder leagues I would like to have players 3 rostered by the end of these tier. In a 5 OF league it is a guarantee.
- Starling Marte and Charlie Blackmon are both 3 category-plus players. Valuable in any format.
- Gotta think George Springer continues to grow. Injuries have been rough on him though.
- The demise of Yasiel Puig is not a problem thing. His talent will shine on through, I want him everywhere. The revolution will be televised!
- Mentioned Pence and Eaton before. Quality players that I like to roster.
- Alex Gordon and Christian Yelich are under rated. They’re going in great spots. Happy to grab them as the prices drop and people take shots on rookies.
Tier 6 & 7: Bottom of the Bag
Where’s the value? There is a ton of Power available in these later tiers. If there is one category I’m fine waiting on its Homeruns. Legit 20+ HR pop in Josh Reddick, Curtis Granderson, Brandon Moss & Joey Gallo to name a few. The list of guys who could hit 20 bombs here is well over a dozen names.
- If you’re late to the steals party Billy Burns is my guy. Speed for days and posts high average.
- Brandon Belt is a poor man’s Crush Davis. As it gets later in the draft I love drafting multi-position players. Injuries are going to come.
- Denard Span should have a big role in SF, he is great value this late.
- Melky Cabrerra keeps doing Melky things. I’ll take him, but history of slow starts might mean he sits ’til July.
- Pick your poison with rest of this grab bag. Names I’m targeting: Randal Grichuk; Wil Myers; Gerardo Parra; Marcel Ozuna; Steven Piscotty; Josh Reddick; Michael Conforto; Jorge Soler ( depending on Cubs news).