Punch Drunk Fantasy continues the march toward opening day, covering First Base, as we prime for the 2016 fantasy baseball season.
The tiers just keep on coming and what can be said about the first base rankings that hasn’t been said about Pablo Sandoval?
They’re top heavy.
There isn’t tons to say to preface the First base tiers. That said, Punch Drunk Fantasy is very excited scratch 2 items off the ol’ – To Do – list by including this photo. It takes care of our preseason blogging obligation to include Fat Pablo and Crying Jordan.
You like tiers? We’ll show you ours if you show us your’s.
Punch Drunk Sports Powerful Fantasy Baseball Tiers
As always, #PDSBaseball is here to help, coming correct with the MOST ACCURATE** fantasy baseball rankings of the 2016 season. Good Luck!
2016 Powerful First Base Tiers:
Tier 1, 2 & 3: High End Shit
Where’s the value? People are sitting on Miguel Cabrera if you can pick him up in the back half of the 1st round you’re golden.
- Edwin Encarnacion and Jose Abreu are going to provide awesome return where they’re being selected in the 2nd round.
- Chris Davis is a viable first baseman or outfielder, like i said in the OF tiers, I’m expecting him to hit 40 bombs.
- I think Freddie Freeman is being under valued, someone has to score the runs in Atlanta and Freddie should knock in his share.
- If your league uses On-base Percentage Votto is solidly in the Eddy/Abreu area.
Tier 4 & 5: If the Price is Right
Where’s the value? I’m banking on the Brandon Belt breakout. He’s going around the 11th/12th round, Very similar to Eric Hosmer, but you can get him 5 rounds later.
- If you’re looking for power Albert Pujols should still give you 25 homeruns and 80+ RBI.
- Lucas Duda is cheap power if you miss out on the top 2 tiers. Hurts your average, but is on base regularly.
- People think Victor Martinez is dead. He’s not, and going after pick 200 is way too late.
- Steven Piscotty’s average draft position is climbing daily, i like him but the price might be too high by draft day.
Tier 6: Bottom of the Bag
Where’s the value? There’s power all over this big final first base tier. A few names I’m targeting for late round POW: Mark Trumbo; Chris Colabello; Brandon Moss; Pedro Alvarez.
- In deeper leagues I’ll be adding Wil Myers to fill corner infield spots. He was on fire before injuries slowed him last year.
- Justin Turner finds a way to get it done. Help all around, nothing spectacular.
- Byung-Ho Park is a total unknown, but the power is for real.
- Yangervis Solarte fnished last season hot, he could be well worth a shot late in drafts.
Good Luck. Hit me up @bigtdobbs to talk all things Punch Drunk Sports and to yell about Fantasy Baseball.